Here's the tower in black and white. It definitely leans.
Better shot of the whole "leaning" thing. The tower actually started leaning immediately after they started construction. A few different architects worked on it, each one trying to correct the leaning by straightening their respective sections. You can't really see it well in these pictures, but it's pretty distinct in person.
Nice weather - very sunny. Here's a squinty picture of Jess and I relaxing on the lawn.
We asked someone to take a picture of us. We're the small folks in the bottom left corner. We decided not to join the 40 other people on this spot who were taking pictures "holding" the leaning tower up. Ha!
We went into the cathedral (also situated on the pristine lawn). It's big.
Here's two of the buildings. Tower in the back, Cathedral in the front.
Third building on the lawn - the baptistery. Kind of interesting, the baptisteries were separate from the churches because you couldn't enter the church unless you were baptized. So they need a separate building to do the baptizing.




3 comments:
Your pictures are amazing!! Are you editing them before you post them or are these how you shot them? WOW!
Verenice - some of them have been slightly edited before I put them on here. Color corrections mostly. The picture of the Colosseum from below was two pictures I combined.
The first Pisa picture in black and white is amazing. I like the close up head shots with the tower in the background too.
Post a Comment