Today Makayla had doctors' appointments in downtown Phoenix. We finally met her neurosurgeon and fortunately I was able to get away from work during a very busy time to go with them. We decided to take the chance to try a pizza place down by the baseball stadium that I've heard a lot of raves about. Pizzeria Bianco. We went after Makayla finished with the doctors (she's great by the way). Some critics I've read claim this is the best pizza in America. We arrived just after 4 PM (it didn't open until 5) and there were already 40 or so people in line. We didn't make the first round of entries (it's not a big place) so we ended up waiting until 6 before getting in. Seems a little crazy, but they were taking reservations for 8:15 about 5 minutes after letting the first group in. Anyway - I was a little worried that the hype would be too much, that there was no way this pizza could be as good as everyone claims it is.
Since returning from Italy I haven't had as authentic of a pizza as I did tonight. It was very good. Best I've had since coming back. Aside from the pizzerias in Naples, I'd say this was just as good as what I ate over there. Took me back for sure. If you're in Phoenix and you can wait a while, it's worth it for a taste of what the pizza is like in Italy. I found a place in Austin that I thought was good (Mandola's) and it is - but this place blew it out of the water.I just had to share.
1 comment:
I LOVE that place!! We've only been once but I think we waited probably 4 hours =). Well worth it though. I'm glad that you were able to finally meet Dr. Rekate. What a great guy. Hopefully we'll be able to move back there after grad school and have him as our Dr. again.
Post a Comment