This is the first sunset I got.

Sunset at Desert View, Grand Canyon.

After a few days at the Grand Canyon, where I also took a photo workshop held by Canon, I went up to Page, AZ and stayed with some family friends. I went on a tour of Upper Antelope Canyon, a nearby slot canyon, and got some great shots! Here's one of the light beams.

And another...

Grand Canyon again - sorry they're out of order a bit.

Upper Antelope Canyon is very colorful. The light changes constantly and dust is falling all around you. Not to mention, although it doesn't look like anyone else is in there, there are tons of people moving around all the time.

We created some "sandfalls" by throwing dirt on the rocks and watching it slide down the canyon walls.

It's a really beautiful place.



Near Page is a place called Horseshoe Bend. The Colorado River takes a 270 degree turn at this point and it's a haven for photographers. You have to creep out to the edge of a 1000 ft cliff to get this shot. I actually cheated, since I didn't have a wide angle lens, this is actually 5 shots put together to get the panorama.

Here you can see how steep the wall is and how close you have to get to take a picture like the one above.

It was a nice quick trip, and I got some more pictures that I can use to decorate our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment