Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Winning the Lottery

We haven't had the internet for a few days, so I snuck away for a second to profess my excitement over my Portland Trailblazers getting the first pick in this year's NBA draft.
I've been a fan of the team ever since I can remember. I remember watching them play Detroit in the Finals in 1990. I remember chanting "Beat LA" during recesses in elementary school at age 9 trying to will our team to victory against the Lakers in the conference finals. I remember watching Michael Jordan single-handedly destroy our team in the 1992 Finals.
From the "rip city" days through the times when the team was filled with questionable characters and first round playoff exits, and until now missing the playoffs, I've continued to be a fan.
This years draft feels like redemption for me as we will likely get a franchise-changing player to go along with the other young talent we drafted last year. I'm as excited as ever for this NBA season and I might have to convince my wife to let me get NBA league pass so I can watch the team in action.
Click here to see the franchise's fortunes change for the better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfpM5J62kxk


No comments: