While we were in Denver, I had the opportunity to go to the Columbine Memorial. It was completed a couple months ago. I think it was done very well. It focuses on moving on and not the tragedy itself. I can't believe it's been over eight years. Sometimes it still feels like yesterday. I want to tell all of my Columbine friends that I think about you often and hope that all is well with you. Enjoy the pictures!



"Shortly after April 20, 1999, there was an outpouring of flowers, notes, poems, ribbons, stuffed animals, pictures and other objects brought to Clement Park to pay tribute to those that died, were injured or traumatized. From that initial outpouring of emotions and disbelief came the concept of establishing a permanent public memorial near the high school, a memorial that would serve to honor those innocent victims but also provide a historic record of this tragedy and to deliver a message of hope for many generations to come."


3 comments:
That's a very pretty memorial. I remember that day vividly as I sat outside the home of a host for one of my Cooking Shows, just before going inside, and listening to news on the radio in my car. I lived in Fort Collins about an hour north of Columbine High School at the time. I remember talking to the women at the party about the event, and most of them hadn't heard what transpired. It was hard to fathom and so sad.
Jessica, please remind us again. Were you a student at CHS at that time? Were you at school that day?
I think that the memorial looks very nice. I am glad that it is there to help those involved and those that were not involved to understand.
Kelly, I am looking for a paper that I wrote my Sophomore year. My english teacher had us write down our experience. Hopefully I will find it soon. I will post a story soon.
Post a Comment