Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas Time in Oregon

It's been a while since I've posted anything too major. This post is a collection of pictures from the last few weeks of December since we've been in Oregon. We've had a lot of fun activities being with my (Tyler's) family. My brother and sister-in-law along with their daughter were here until Dec 31st and we had a lot of fun being together.
This is the Christmas tree my parents got this year. Price in Texas: around $120. Price in Oregon: $10
Makayla in the midst of all the loot on Christmas morning. Most of those were for her and her cousin Mia.
Doing a "craft" as a family. Going around the table, Stephanie, Ryan, me, Jess, and my Dad.
We went ice skating in Lloyd Center Mall in Downtown Portland. Makayla did not come.
Family picture after Church. A Christmas miracle for sure. Last time we were all together and tried to take a family picture we had 45 attempts. In not a single picture were my mother's eyes open. I think we only tried 5 times this year and that was more because of the little ones than my Mom's eyes.
Makayla being her usual happy self.
We've completed two puzzles so far - this was the first one - and are working on our third right now.
Christmas morning - out of order I know - Jessica was opening one of her presents.
Christmas Day photo of Jess and I.
I think if you click on this picture individually you can see the snow that was falling on Christmas afternoon. It's the closest I've gotten to a white Christmas in Portland. For the record, it started to stick briefly to the roofs and grass so I'm counting it.
Makayla and I hanging out in Grandma and Grandpas comfy recliner.
We went to a Portland Trailblazers game on Christmas Day. We beat the Sonics for our 11th straight victory. The team went on to win 13 straight before losing to the Jazz. It's ok though. Since then they won their last 3 games including beating the Jazz.
Makayla being very happy and cute with her green giraffe - a present from Nonna a while back.
That's all for now. Happy New Year to everyone out there.

5 comments:

C.J. said...

Hey there Tyler! I hope things are well with you guys. It sounds like you had a good holiday. I am getting married and would like to send you an announcement. Would you mind emailing me your address? My email is: cjsorenson@gmail.com. Thanks!

Kelly said...

Yay! A new post. I'm excited to see like from the Pace family and wanted to let you know that we MISS you and look forward to seeing you soon.

GREAT family pictures. You have a gorgeous wife, Tyler. You probably know that though. That mall looks like a really fun place to ice skate. Makayla looks like she's healthy as can be. What a joy!

Travel safely.

Gena said...

Your family is the cutest! You look like you had a fantastic Christmas. Sorry i'm so bad at keeping in touch...but i know you forgive me :). Love you guys.

Professor Price said...

What a great christmas on Jamie Dr. I was hoping for some pictures of tyler in his new silk pajamas, maybe next year.

Lonna said...

It looks like you have been really busy. I am glad to see that you were able to have a "White" Christmas. It was way closer than what we had here. Its nice to see that you didn't have to pay a fortune for a good looking tree. How convenient.