Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tyler's 25 Random Things

Since Jessica posted hers I figured I would go ahead and post 25 random things about me:

1. I don't get 5 o'clock shadow. It comes in closer to 2:30.
2. Until April, I am a licensed loan officer in Texas
3. I've had stitches 5 times on my chin - mostly from bike accidents growing up.
4. In elementary school I was known as "Ty-guy" and occasionally known as "Ketchup"
5. Growing up my career aspirations were A. Paleontologist, B. Animator, C. News Anchor, D. NBA superstar.
6. I've been given a kiss by a member of the Italian mafia
7. I enjoy cooking
8. I was a photographer and wrote a lame humor column for my high school newspaper
9. I enjoy playing racquetball
10. When I was 7 I had to wear an eye patch for six months to correct my lazy eye. The first patch was very itchy so we covered my glasses with contact paper to make the lens fuzzy.
11. Although my eye was "covered" I could still make things out using that eye. This allowed me to keep the covered eye open and gain a tactical advantage during games of heads up 7 up in elementary school.
12. I lived in Italy for two years and learned to read, write, and speak fluent Italian
13. I have never broken a bone.
14. My tonsils were taken out when I was 23 - my first and only hospital stay
15. I had a paper route delivering the Hillsboro Argus during Jr. High
16. I umpired little league baseball for a few years
17. I ran cross-country and track in high school
18. I am an avid Portland Trailblazers fan.
19. While living in Texas I got addicted to Blue Bell Ice cream. How grateful I am that we have it here in AZ.
20. I do not like dancing
21. No matter the temperature, I sleep better with a fan on in the room
22. I don't like pickles.
23. For a service project I once had to go to a pickle factory in a seedy part of NE Portland and pick up numerous 50 gallon barrels to be used for water storage.
24. I love white water rafting
25. The first time I rode the chair lift while learning to ski I forgot to get off. The operator had to bring me around to the other side so I could disembark.

3 comments:

Lonna said...

I had no idea that they had blue bell ice cream in Arizona. That is fantastic news. I think that means that we could possible live there as well.

I love that you used your "lazy eye" as an excuse to cheat in heads up 7 up. Genius.

And a pickle factory? well that is one service project that I never would have guessed.
Fun to read these things about you. I am a little surprised that you didn't choose the career path of NBA superstar though.

Jason and Lissa said...

I see that you came very close to your childhood career aspirations, lol! Seriously, I can count on one hand the number of people who are doing what job they wanted to do as a kid. Who grows us and says, "I want to be a loan officer?" No one! We all want to be astronauts and princesses, of course.

Do we get to know why you were called "Ketchup?"

Verenice said...

I can't believe you don't like pickles!