Monday, April 20, 2009

Speechless...


I have been contemplating what to write today and I am still a little speechless...

Ten years ago today, I was sitting in the chair at the orthodontist, listening to "elevator music", trying to figure out how I was going to finish my English project in two days and wondering what was taking the doctor so long. This is a specific time in my life where I know my Heavenly Father intervened. I know exactly why my doctor took two extra hours. Heavenly Father knew that I was not supposed to be at school that day and I am ever so grateful. I want to share my testimony with you that the Lord is aware of us. He is watching over us all day, every day. He will intervene if He's supposed to. He has in my life!

4 comments:

The Lindsey's said...

Thank you for sharing that. I can't even imagine what everyone went through in your community.

Jason and Lissa said...

I remember first hearing about Columbine when I went to seminary (I lived in Japan at the time, so we were quite a few hours ahead.) It was shocking. You're right, Heavenly Father is aware of each of us individually. He spared you so you could raise a righteous generation of cute kids like Makayla. :)

Bethany said...

that's right, i forgot that you had been at the dentist! amazing. i hope you had a nice day yesterday, and i hope you are having a wonderful spring! :)

Kelly said...

I was living in Fort Collins, Colorado, on that day. It was freaky. I didn't know you then, but agree that you were being watched over, Jessica.