Saturday, November 7, 2009

October - we are alive

We've had a busy month, but I assure you that we are alive and well. The camera hasn't gotten much use recently, but we let it out for some fresh air over the past week or so. My parents came into town for a week around Halloween and they had a lot of fun with Jess and Makayla while I worked all day. Let's get to the recap...
We took Makayla to a pumpkin patch nearby. These ones are just about as big as she is.
Here's a picture of Makayla's costume. I think this goes without saying, but she was an M&M.
She loved putting on Grandpa's shoes.
We found her a nice plastic pumpkin in which she could haul her loot around.
We carved a pumpkin. Well...I did. Makayla just posed for the pictures.
Makayla probably had just stolen Grandpa's Ipod touch for the 100th time before this picture.
Completed pumpkin masterpiece!
Recently Makayla loves playing X-box. We have a lot of laughs watching her play and yell "GO!" at the screen.
Another picture with Mom from the pumpkin patch.
Frosting Halloween sugar cookies with my parents and friends Ben and Sherrie.
One morning Jess and my parents took Makayla to the zoo.
Makayla and Jess observing the Zebras.
Makayala's getting a jump on learning how to drive farm equipment. A valuable skill for sure in suburban Phoenix.
With Grandpa...
You probably noticed the glasses Makayla is sporting in these pictures. The eye doctor told us they are temporary. My family has a history of having lazy eye, so we're trying to do some preventative work with the glasses.
Here's a fun video of my parents dancing along with the Wii. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pacers said...

Looks like a fun visit! Can't wait to show Ryan the video of Stan & Nancy getting their boogie on. ;) (Are you bringing the Wii out at Christmas?????)

Aubrey said...

I can't believe Makayla is getting so big? I was wondering if we could get your new address from you? aubsrey@gmail.com