First up - new furniture. In anticipation of having two girls eventually sharing a room, we found a good deal on bunk beds and purchased them. Right now Makayla's room looks small with both beds like this, but eventually we'll stack them.
We also upgraded our kitchen table. Now we can fit guests at the table.
In April we drove to Utah for the Salt Lake City Marathon. I trained from mid January for the half marathon and April 17th was race day. Before the race I had to carbo load so we went to Settebello pizzeria behind the Salt Palace. It's a Naples style pizzeria - and I must say their pizza sent us back to our time in Italy last year. Good stuff.
Look how excited I am. The pizza was as big as that plate - obviously I ate most of it before this picture was taken.
We also stopped by and spent a day with my Grandma who lives in American Fork. She was kind enough to let me stay the night before my race.
Here's the photographic proof of me coming into the finish line. I finished in my goal time of under 2 hours at 1:55. I will eventually do another one. A few days before the race I discovered that one of my cousins was also running the half marathon so it was nice to meet up with him at the race.
In May I turned 28. We celebrated at Macaroni Grill sans Makayla.
Also in May we travelled to Denver for Jessica's sister's wedding. This is a very pregnant Jessica with her sister Taylor and her Mom.
The happy couple. Congrats Carly and Kevin.
Their wedding was 5 years and one week from our wedding day. No snow for them though.
Over Memorial Day I finally got working on the yard again. Two good buddies came and helped me dig trenches and lay pipe. Everything worked and no leaks!
More of the sprinkler project.
On June 11th around 3 PM I got a call at work from Jessica saying that her water broke. We headed to the hospital. Jessica made it through a few strong contractions before asking for drugs. She got her epidural around 9:30 PM and felt much better. We actually were both able to sleep a bit as she progressed. Around 3:30 AM she started to push - and it only took about 4 pushes before we welcomed Natalie Jean Pace into the world around 3:50 AM. She was 7 lbs 5 oz. and 21 inches long.
Makayla was sort of excited to be a big sister - although she pretty much ignored Natalie for the first two weeks.
Family shot.
Natalie was born with lots of dark hair - just like her Dad.






3 comments:
Hooray! I've been waiting for updates. I loved the pictures of Natalie - what a head of hair! :) The bunk beds are going to be a hit - what kids don't love bunk beds? Fun Fun.
That was a great catch up post. How fun to have a 3 year old AND a new baby! Glad that the labor went well, and she is so darling, that is a lot of hair I am impressed.
Nice work on the race, how fun to have your cousin there and to beat your goal time too.
It looks like there is always something exciting going on with you guys, Keeps life interesting.
Natalie is beautiful! Scary about the surgery though. You have such cute cute kids.
Post a Comment