Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Husband's mistake and a false alarm

Although Jessica approved of me posting the last picture of her in the post below, I sure can understand how she may not have approved of the picture upon further review. So in the hope of redeeming myself, we snapped this shot as we arrived home from church today. I think she is more pleased with these two.

As a side note - we had our first, and hopefully only, false alarm on Friday night. Jessica was not feeling well and had been "losing her dinner" kneeling at the porcelain alter starting at midnight on Friday.

After a few hours of constantly returning to the bathroom she started having regular contractions. We started timing them and they were coming at 3 to 5 minute intervals for a good hour and twenty minutes. Some were stronger than others and after an hour or so of it, we decided to head to the hospital after speaking to the nurse.

I grabbed the bag and we rushed out of our apartment at 5 am. Fortunately she wasn't going into labor. The contractions were caused by her throwing up and once she got some anti-nausea meds in her they (the contractions) calmed down. When leaving at 5 am though we really thought this was it.

She ended up staying in the hospital for a few hours with an IV in her arm to get some fluids into her system. After a priesthood blessing she calmed down and was able to get some rest and able to leave the hospital shortly thereafter. How grateful we are for that.

Thank you to everyone who was concerned for her welfare. At church we were inundated with concerned friends and members making sure we were doing alright.

The "real deal" will be happening in just 8 short days, assuming we have no more false alarms or the real thing. Quick update from the doctors. We had our final ultrasound a few days ago and everything looks pretty much the same. They said the baby was about 6.5 pounds right now, so it looks like we may have a 7-pounder when all is said and done.

I will have to wait to see how her length measures to see if she has any hope of being "tall." I'm guessing though that we will not have tall children. Oh well, no NBA contracts for our future kids. I guess I'll have to get used to the idea. Are there any sports besides horse racing where height and girth are not advantageous?

2 comments:

Mars said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!!

Kevin and Carly said...

Well, short also has its advantage in tennis. It makes them quick and allows them to get close enough to the ball so that they can hit it with their short arms.