Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sports....

Competition is a wonderful thing and has been around for millions of years. I am just glad that the human population has moved on from the Gladiator days in Rome. So here are my thoughts on some of the sports stories this week….

Well…I am not sure how I feel about the Cavs at the moment. I am disappointed with the fact that they didn’t show up until the fourth quarter of game two. Game three starts in an hour, so I have to wait and see if the Cavs are going to show up for the whole game.

Federer vs. Nadal on clay: Nadal
Federer vs. Nadal on grass or hard: Federer
Federer vs. Nadal in the swimming pool: Priceless! (Carly, that’s for you)
Can Federer become the best tennis player ever without beating Nadal on clay? Probably not. Do I want Federer to beat Nadal on clay at some point in his career? Of course. I do agree with my sister though – they are both beautiful tennis players. I can’t wait to see how the sweat reflects off the grass at Wimbledon!

I would like to thank my father for my love of golf. I don’t play it, but I am very good at watching it on Sunday afternoons. The US Open starts on Thursday. I am not sure who I want to win, but I hope that Phil’s wrist starts feeling better so that he can at least be a contender. It also would be nice to see Tiger’s red shirt on Sunday.

1 comment:

Kevin and Carly said...

Oh man, I can't believe that I didn't see this post until today. Thanks for thinking of me (men in swimming pools). I can only imagine how Nadal's abs look. If his arms are that good looking. . .