Sunday, February 10, 2008

Papago Park

Papago Park is a city park in Tempe that has a lot of red rock formations and is also home to the Phoenix Zoo. Jessica and I went there yesterday and "hiked" up to the Hole-in-the-Rock formation you see below. I'd actually been here with my family many moons ago on a vacation during Spring Break one year.
Hole-in-the-Rock complete with a dead cactus
A baby cactus. I read that a Saguaro Cactus won't grow its first arm until it's 75 years old.
You can't see it too well, but downtown Phoenix and the airport are visible from the top of the rock formation.
Jessica and Makayla enjoying the view.
Me and Makayla enjoying the view and the nice weather.
Jessica was excited about the palm trees. Those ponds you see are stocked with fish and the public can go catch and release down there.
Back at home with a happy girl who really enjoys tummy time now. In fact, if we put her on her back it won't be long before she's rolled to her tummy.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I just love the look of Arizona. It is amazing how you can drive from one part of the state to another and have completely different scenery. Excellent pictures.

Lonna said...

That looks like a fun hike. I was surprised to hear that it takes that long for a cactus to grow just one arm, no wonder people don't have them for house plants, the would just be starting out as you were ready to kick the bucket.

The weather sure looks nice.

Kelli said...

I'm coming to visit in a week. It looks warm there.