Thursday, August 21, 2008

San Francisco


Last weekend, I had the opportunity to meet my mom in San Francisco for a "Girls Weekend." It was so much fun. I was able to leave Makayla at home with Tyler and, as you can see, they had fun with the camera while I was gone. We did all the touristy things: Pier 39, the seals, the Cable Cars, Bay Ferry, and of course, sat in traffic on the Bay Bridge.


On Saturday, we rode a ferry around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical San Francisco day in August, 60 degrees and foggy. It was really cool to see the Golden Gate Bridge peaking through the fog.



Saturday afternoon, we attended a wedding reception for one of my college roommates. Amanda and Josh got married in the Atlanta temple a couple weeks ago and are finishing up school back in Provo. It was so good to see her again.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting! I love San Francisco and have been there many timess. I'm so glad you got to get away like that. I'm sure it was a fun time for a daddy-daughter weekend too. The weather in San Francisco is so coastal and damp and windy at times. You never know what you'll get.

Lonna said...

Wow I have been really out of touch. What a fun little trip to share with your mom. It looks like you had a good time, and who doesn't like seeing all the tourist sites anyway.