Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sedona Trip: Part Two

During our trip to Sedona I took over 350 pictures. Maybe I went a little overboard, but most of those were taken at Red Rock Crossing of Cathedral Rock - Sedona's most famous rock formation. I drove over there on Thursday evening to catch the "golden hour" (the hour before sunset) when the rocks just light up and become fiery red. These are a few of my favorites.
This one was taken mid-way through the golden hour.
I had to get one shot of Cathedral Rock with the meandering Oak Creek.
Sometimes this part is under water. Sometimes there are large puddles. I only found one small puddle to catch the reflection of the rock.
This is what I was waiting for all along. The latter part of the golden hour. This was taken about 15 minutes after the first picture in this post.So neat to stand there and watch how the light changes the colors. This is probably my favorite although I have a lot of similar pictures.
Some of the other sights we took in during our trip. This is the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
Bell Rock.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte.
Overlooking Sedona. I love the clouds. Cathedral Rock is on the right.
Sedona from Airport Mesa.
This is Fay's Canyon on the western part of Sedona.

3 comments:

Pacers said...

Wow! Those pictures are AMAZING! What a gorgeous place. I want to see that when we come to visit. :)

Kelly said...

What a BEAUTIFUL place! Awesome pictures!

Caralee said...

Great pictures! Amazing colors and detail. So glad you shared these.