Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting

Here is the ode to Makayla's grandparents. We've had a lot of visitors in the past month or so - particularly the grandparents. So to honor their visits - which we enjoyed very much and appreciate all of the help given - here are a few pictures and quotes about grandparents.
  • "I like to do nice things for my grandchildren - like buy them those toys I've always wanted to play with."
  • "A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television."
  • "If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn't have given us grandmothers."
  • "Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric."

Now for the pictures:

This is Marcy (Jessica's mom) and her brother Christopher visiting shortly after Makayla's first surgery. Marcy is "too young to be a grandmother."

This is my mom during her visit this past week
Ok - so I guess we're future grandparents. This was taken on Makayla's blessing day.
The whole group. My mom and dad on the left, Jessica's dad on the right.
My Dad and Makayla enjoying some time together.
Randy getting to know his first granddaughter
My parents are actually "pros" already since my brother and his wife had their daughter Mia last August. So this is their second. I just wanted to thank all the old fogeys for coming out and visiting.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Those are excellent pictures. How nice for them to come out to visit your little angel. You did a very nice job on Sunday too, Tyler. The blessing was very sweet. I was nervous for you! I cried at the end though. She looked so precious in her little white dress with the white bonnet.

Kevin and Carly said...

Where is tho ode the the all-suppporting aunt? The one that asks about the baby 24/7 and has sent multiple pink outfits?