Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Roomates gettin' hitched

Jessica and I just wanted to show off two (now four) of our incredibly good looking friends who just got married. Unfortunately, Makayla's recent surgery scrapped my plans to go out to Oregon for Kirk's wedding, otherwise I would have been in some of these pictures. It's better that I stayed home though.

This is Kirk and Angie. They got married last weekend (August 18th) Kirk and I have known each other for a while - I think since we were about five. After sharing a 4th grade classroom my family moved across town. Kirk's family ended up moving to our side of the tracks a few years later and we ended up at the same junior high and high school. We also roomed together after our missions in college at BYU. Good times. Congrats to both of them - they look very happy which is all you can ask for for your best friend.
Here we see Sterling and Anna. The story here goes that Sterling asked Anna (a BYU bookstore cashier) out by slipping her a note while purchasing something one day. A smooth guy that Sterling. They also look happy. Sterling and I (and Kirk for that matter) went to the same Jr. High and High School and also roomed together after our missions at BYU. These two got married August 4th. Congrats to them as well.
Now if we can just convince them to start blogging... Kirk and Angie will be returning to Utah to finish school, Sterling and Anna (I think) will be hanging out in Portland where Sterling currently works. Again congrats to everyone. Sorry we couldn't be there to share in your joy - physically anyway.
I should also give a shout out to our other roomate, Ben, who married his HS sweetheart the same summer Jess and I got married. Melanie (his wife) I have known longer than Ben actually. She and I were in 5th and 6th grade together (right after my family's big move), as well as through jr high and high school. They also returned to Oregon (God's Country) and Melanie is with child and due sometime in late January (the specific day is apparently up for debate). Ben is applying to medical schools and got through the first round of applicaitons so that's exciting too. Congrats to them also. We have awesome friends.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats to your handsome buddies. They look like the found sweet, beautiful brides. I was wondering if you'd make it out of town this past weekend, but was happy to see you there with your girls on Sunday. They needed you. I'm sorry you had to miss out on the festivities still.