Thursday, August 16, 2007

Makayla's home again

At six weeks old and after another week at Dell Children's, Makayla has now spent half her life in the hospital. Luckily, the shunt surgery went well and it is working. Hopefully we won't get any debris in it this time around. As you can see, she's very alert still. It looks like all the drugs wore off that kept her sleepy yesterday. Her UTI cleared up while we were there (the reason we went in the first place) so she's got a clean bill of health.
I don't know what those nurses taught her while she was in there, but it looks like she finally found her thumb. As a parent I'm not sure how I feel about that. We may have to do an intervention.

2 comments:

Lonna said...

Hooray! I am glad that you are all together again. I am also so happy that she is feeling better and that you don't have to make the hospital journey all the time. I think that is funny that she already knows how to suck her thumb, I guess that I was under the impression that was a skill picked up later. I think that she is very clever. And I love how alert she is in all these little pictures. Welcome home, again.

Kelly said...

Totally...what were those nurses thinking? Give her a pacifier! It's much easier to throw away than a thumb eventually.

She looks so good at church on Sunday. I hope her hospital days are over!