To celebrate our day off today, Jessica and I decided to take a hike. We borrowed a baby backpack and set off to a state park nearby. Although Phoenix is usually baking at over 100 degrees by this time of year, today was a nice and pleasant 85 degrees. We had a nice breeze since we started in the mid morning.

Lost Dutchman State Park. About 30 minutes from our apartment. Notice how many different types of cactus you can see around this sign. Yay Desert!

The trail we took was a loop of about 2 miles that went up along the base of these formations. I'm not sure who the Dutchman is, or why he got lost.

We put a nice hat on Makayla and strapped her into the backpack. Other than pulling the hat off a few times, she did very well.

Jessica enjoying the view from the top of the hike.

The Saguaro cactus is flowering right now. It's Arizona's state flower too.

Check out this bristle-y little fella!

She had a good time. I promise!

The Ocotillo cactus is also flowering right now. The third type of cactus we saw on our little hike.

A nice telephoto shot of my wife near the end of the hike.

Wow...these things are really big.

Jessica with the rocks. That Dutchman is still lost, but we aren't!

Thanks for a great time Treasure Loop Trail number 56. It was well worth the $3 day use fee. We also enjoyed getting the "off season" rate. I guess people don't hike much after Memorial Day.
2 comments:
We went hiking too! It was a ton cooler here in Vegas! It had been 106 last weekend and then this past weekend it was 76 and raining! It was so fun to hike in the rain for a change!
That sounds fun. I love nature hikes.
Post a Comment