Monday, May 19, 2008

One Year Older (but not neccesarily Wiser too)

We celebrated my birthday on Saturday. I won't say how old I am now, but I will say I'm now closer to 30 than I am to 20.
Makayla celebrated by getting cheesy beef and macaroni dinner all over her face. Such a lovely color.

Makayla and I outside of Macaroni Grill for the birthday dinner.

Cake and cards. The picture was taken with my birthday present that I've been playing around with for a few weeks now. All in all it was a nice, relaxing day. We spent most of the day inside since we hit 100 degrees for the first time this year.
In other news, Makayla is crawling! We're just having a hard time getting it on tape as usual. Here's the sunset we enjoyed last night. We get a lot of good ones down here. Too bad there are power lines in the way.
Through a small window in the hallway outside our apartment.
Makayla is standing up for a long time now when we hold her hands. And she enjoys it as you can see. The tape on her tummy and back helps her sit up straight.Going through her toy box. What should I play with today?
Looking very cute.
Makayla also has learned to enjoy reaching for things that she shouldn't have. She's actually reaching for a copy of The Oddessy that Mom is reading right now.
Makayla is crawling now. Here she is in the crawling position and scooting around. Now if only she did this for the video camera...
Makayla: "Mom it's hot!" Jess: "I know sweetie that's why you have no clothes on."

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy birthday, Makayla! Hard to believe it's been a year.