Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas morning in Colorado

Hopefully this isn't another marathon post. We spent ten days for Christmas in Colorado with Jessica's family. We had a blast with the exception of getting to Denver. We took the last flight of the day - mistake number one - which ended up being 2 hours late. Once the plane we were to board arrived they announced a "blockage" of one of the lavatories and we had to wait for that to be cleared. Someone please inform the general public that flushing a diaper down an airplane toilet is not a good idea. We arrived in Denver at 12:30 AM - Makayla was asleep the whole time thankfully - but no bags. Apparently they were hidden behind some cargo. We eventually got them and arrived at Jessica's mom's house around 3 AM. Fun times.
Here's Makayla getting ready to go. We decided not to check her.
Good Family Christmas Picture
Getting into the spirit with some fashionable reindeer antlers.
My mother-in-law's hotel Christmas tree. It looks the same every year.
Most of these were for her...
Uncle Chris - looking very cool
Trying to teach Makayla how to open presents. She didn't get it.
She did however, sit on a bow.
All the toys of Christmas and what does Makayla want to play with? Computer paper.
Here's Makayla catching on - unfortunately this was Aunt Carly's present.
Aunt Taylor - a senior
Grandma having some fun.
More to come...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the one of Makayla with the bow on her jammies. The "hotel" tree is tall--the red tulle on it is pretty. Great family photo of the three of you.

Lonna said...

I bet that was fun to head to a place where you could have a white Christmas, and someone else to do the housekeeping. I think it is so much fun to watch the kids learn to open presents. I think that Gwen would have been more than happy to open up all the presents.

I think that the reindeer headband is so funny, and I like your family photo. Glad that you were able to see your family for the holidays.

Mars said...

Jess! So good to run into you at the airport, even though it made for a long night! Horrible. Same thing pretty much happened to us on the way back from CO too :( I guess now I know what a bad idea it is to travel during the Holidays! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I love the picture of Makayla with the bow on her butt! so cute! Glad you guys ejoyed your trip too!