Friday, January 23, 2009

We're alive...

We're ok. Been fighting some sickness, but we're here and alive. We went to Utah last week for my Grandpa's funeral. He was a great man and the service was wonderful. It was nice to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles support my grandma during this time - I just wish it could have been under more pleasant circumstances.
My dad with one of his sisters (Marla) and one of his brothers (Darrin) and my grandma.
Dad with Makayla. We're working on Makayla smiling on cue.
My mom with her eyes open. Makayla looks a little scary...
Jess at the funeral luncheon.
Me and my brother Ryan passing time at the luncheon.
All the male grandsons in attendance were pallbearers for Grandpa.
On a bit lighter note, Makayla has decided that she can stand up at her crib and reach her blanket, pacifier, and most frequently, both. This allows her to calm herself down instead of us doing it.

2 comments:

Lonna said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, I hope that you are doing alright. I love the tricks that kids figure out to find the soothies. I know that Gwen was a big fan of finding her blanket and binki as well.

I did notice that there was no snow on the ground at the burial site. Does the funeral home clear that, or was there really just no snow there?

Gena said...

haha, your aunt Marla is my Enrichment Coordinator leader person for relief society and i'm kinda an assistant. What a great lady; and a small world!