On New Year's while shopping Makayla decided she'd had enough. She wanted to push the stroller by herself. If we tried to help her, she screamed. If she ran into something she screamed. If she fell down she screamed. If we held her, guess what....more screaming. We finally had our first full-blown two year old tantrum (even though she's just 18 months). Oh, and we forgot the pacifier at home of course. Anyway she finally totally broke down enough that Jessica grabbed her like a football and moved for the exit. But the store was pretty big and I could still hear our screaming child for a minute and a half before Jess finally reached the outside.
Makayla was teething - so that most likely contributed. A couple morals of this story - Moral #1. Don't pray for patience. You'll get tested. I believe it was Joseph Smith who said something to the effect of "Be careful if you pray for courage, lest the Lord present you with a lion." How true. Moral #2. Never, ever, under any circumstances, leave home without a pacifier.
Here's the couch. We ended up getting one from Costco. It was quite the popular item and we had to go to a different store to get it. I took a nap on it yesterday. Glorious.
5 comments:
Love the new couch, very nice. Are guys getting all settled into the new house?
Very nice, now your front room won't be empty! Can't wait to come and sit on it!
I love the new sectional. Looks gorgeous.
That is the only true way to test out a couch, a nap. I am glad that it is to your liking. It looks great in that space, and I really like the color.
Way to go on the new purchase. I do love new furniture. And what better place to put it than in a new home.
That is definitely a glorious couch! I have wanted the same one but in red. Not that I am coveting but I do love your couch!
Post a Comment