Well we've made it to two weeks. We're not getting tons of sleep, but so far Makayla's been a pretty easy baby. The scar on her head is healed up nicely, and the stitches fell out. She's been eating a lot and she's been very alert when she's awake. Jess has been a trooper getting up every four hours at night to feed her and cath her. She's becoming a pro. I roll out of bed to help burp and distract Makayla as well. Here are a few new pictures of her. I think she's starting to lose her newborn look a little bit.
Here's a happy picture of Makayla in her swing
I'm not sure this is a happy face, or a sad face for that matter

It kind of looks like she's dancing. But she really likes to move her legs and arms. She's developing a nice left hook.

Maybe a karate chop?

She's thoroughly enjoying laying on a blanket in the middle of the family room

This swing rocks! (Get it?!?)

Of course, we have to add a movie of the totally awesome swing with its totally annoying soundtrack.
2 comments:
She really looks great! You are both doing a fantastic job. I know the sleeping schedule is tough, but the great news is that it gets better. Really I promise. I hope that you are not getting too tired of the swing music...it will be around for quite some time. Keep up the good work.
We just found your blog; although you told us about it before, we have surprisingly poor memories.
Makayla is really cute. We're glad you have her home, and we can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment