Saturday, July 28, 2007

Makayla's almost a month old

Well it's hard to believe it's been nearly a month since Makayla was born. She got her social security card in the mail today. Too bad she probably won't get to enjoy those benefits. The big event this week was learning that we only have to catheterize her twice a day now. Hopefully when we see the urologist in three weeks he'll give us more good news. She's gained some weight and at the pediatrician on Thursday she weighed just under 8 pounds (7 lbs 15 oz). So we're glad she's putting on the weight.

Makayla's first bath. Don't worry, this picture was taken almost a week ago. She didn't go too long without bathing. She actually has only spit up twice, so we've found that does wonders for how much we have to change her clothes.
The Paces after church.
Sleeping beauty
Jessica thinks this picture makes her look old. I won't say how old she thinks it makes her look considering many of you probably wouldn't think that age is "old."
For the record, I don't think this picture makes me look old. The shadow does however make my hair look puffy.
Jessica really likes this picture because it shows off Makayla's eyes.
All in all we're doing well and looking forward to having family in town. My parents (Tyler) were in town for a few days before heading to Arkansas to visit my brother and his wife and their almost 1 yr old. They'll be back early next week to spend more time with us until Makayla's blessing August 5th. Jessica's Dad is also coming into town late next week for the blessing.

2 comments:

Lonna said...

Oh she is darling. I am so glad to hear the good news about only cathing twice a day. Also the weight gain. Great news. I can hardly believe that it has been a month already. I am so glad that your families are so involved and making trips to see you often. You are doing such a great job, both of you!

Kelly said...

What a little sweetheart. I cracked up when I saw Tyler's comment that you thought you looked old...I was wondering what age Jess had in mind!

I saw the pictures on Gabby's blog of Jessica and Makayla. They turned out SO adorable. Incredible. You should have a link to them on your blog to Gabby's.