Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ponytails and Pasta

I think Jessica spent from about noon on in the kitchen yesterday being a domestic goddess. First she made some really good chocolate chip cookies, then dinner for a family in the ward who just had a baby. And to top it off, she helped me make fresh pasta which we then turned into ravioli until about midnight last night. We're having some friends over for dinner after church and since we have the late schedule (argh!) we wanted to get most of the prep done last night. I've still got to make the cream sauce and the focaccia.
On a totally unrelated note, Jessica managed to get Makayla's hair into a shoddy ponytail this morning. I think we could actually get her hair into about 5 ponytails randomly dispersed around her noggin'.
Here's the pasta awaiting a short bath in some boiling water. Inside are little nuggets of prosciutto and ricotta cheese. They almost look professional huh?
We had to do some trial and error - hence why we were up so late - with the cooking time. I ended up trying 5 or 6 before realizing that I needed to cook them a little longer. Due to these experiments last night I also realized that the last time I made pasta (for Michael and Ashley) we didn't cook it long enough. So it was a little tough that time around. More to come later...

3 comments:

Lonna said...

I am really impressed. I think that they look great. I think that your trial and error process is funny, and it is a good thing that you have a late church. I bet that you needed a little sleep after that.

Kelly said...

I am also impressed! Especially because I have tasted Jessica's homemade cookies on more than one occasion.

The ponytail is a crack up. How cute.

Michael & Ashley said...

We thought your pasta was delicious! Hopefully we'll get to sample more one day. Cute pictures of your darling baby--she looks older already. Miss you guys.