
I grew up as the youngest of two. My brother and I are two years apart. When he got married in 2004, we welcomed the first sister into the family. Stephanie and I are the same age - well actually, I'm 16 days older than her, so technically she would be my "little sister" - and it has been a fun change in our family. I think my Mom is just glad not to be outnumbered 3 to 1 anymore.
But Jessica's family is much younger than mine. When we got married, I inherited two sisters-in-law and three brothers-in-law. My sisters-in-law are Carly (age 20) and Taylor (age 16). Recently they both have been "dating" and spending time with "boys." I'm not sure how I feel about all of that. I mean, as the older brother I feel this nurturing, protective big bad brother-in-law thing despite only being part of their lives for the past two and a half years. They don't seem to believe me when I tell them that boys have cooties.
Well, one of them recently got her first kiss. (I won't say which one for fear of incurring her wrath) I'm conflicted between being happy for her because it's a big event and wanting to pound the guy for kissing my sister-in-law. Plus she's got cooties now.
3 comments:
Good for you, Tyler. You keep putting that fear into their suitors!
What beautiful sisters you have, Jessica.
I would just like to say that even though Tyler is starting to think my my older brother, the teasing does not have to quit!! :)
I also just wanted to add that those cute earrings Taylor is wearing are mine.
Post a Comment