Sunday, September 30, 2007

More Makayla

We have one happy three-month-old on our hands. This week she has continued to progress in her smiling and talking talents. She's particularly happy in the morning...probably because she's well rested and well fed. She has also found that her hands make a good pacifier in a pinch, and when mean Dad takes the pacifier away.

Makayla laughing without making any noise. I'm sure that will come eventually. Right now she just smiles very big
Ok, so she's not smiling in this one, but it is a cute picture
I think one of the trickiest things to capture is a child's first smile. I have about 25 near misses and one or two where I kind of sort of caught the beginnings of a smile. This is one of them. We had her propped up against some pillows on our bed and that big old head of hers is just too weighty. She plopped over a couple times. I happened to catch one on film. TIMBER!
Question: If a Makayla falls down in the forest and no one's around to hear it....just kidding
This is the look Makayla gave us when we told her that her Aunt Taylor (age 16) got her license this week.
And of course, our little chatter box talking.


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pictures and video. She's getting to like the sound of her voice, it seems. She looks healthy too!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures, she is so cute. I know what you mean about the smiling pictures though, Hannah smiles all the time until I get the camera out and then she'll be laughing or talking until I get the video camera out. I still haven't got one yet on camera.

Lonna said...

Well I am glad that you are able to get her to do something while the camera is out, Gwen gets so distracted by the electronics that she stops doing everything and goes straight for the cameras. And now when we try to count for her to smile she just gets stuck on her favorite number (2) and so all we get are growling faces. At least you get talking and semi smiles. Keep trying I am sure that you will have success soon.

Kevin and Carly said...

funny, that is the same look I gave when I found out Taylor got her license.